Skip to content
Click to Call Click to Text
Hart Insurance Agency

1230 S 336th St,
Federal Way, WA 98003

Get Directions

Does my auto insurance protect me if items are stolen from my vehicle?

If you only have the minimum possible auto insurance, you only have the minimum protection. Your insurance policies are basically contracts, and it is essential to understand what kinds of protection you have.

Basic Minimum Auto Insurance

If you have only the minimum coverage required by law, you are only protected if you cause injury or damage to someone else. Furthermore, the limits are relatively small. Unless you opt to increase coverage, you may be responsible for paying for medical bills or repairs out of pocket because you have reached your policy limits.

Comprehensive Auto Insurance

Comprehensive auto insurance offers several other kinds of protection for damage not caused by a collision. If a tree falls on your car during a storm, you will need comprehensive coverage to help repair or replace your vehicle.

Other events covered by comprehensive auto insurance include vandalism, theft, fire, and damage caused by animals. Unfortunately, the theft coverage is for cases where your vehicle or vehicle parts are stolen. Your auto insurance will probably not cover items stolen from inside your vehicle.

Make Sure You Have the Protection You Need

If you want to protect the items in your vehicle, you need to see if you are covered under your homeowners’ or renters’ insurance. This may be important electronics such as your smartphone or laptop.

Protect your Federal Way, WA property by ensuring you have the necessary coverage. If you have any questions or want to see how you can add the protection you need to your insurance, please call Hart Insurance today.

Servicing States

  • Washington


More Testimonials

Partner Companies

  • Cbic
  • Encompass
  • Foremost
  • Geovera
  • Hagerty
  • Mutual Of Enumclaw
  • Palomar
  • Progressive
  • Red Shield
  • Safeco
  • Travelers